Answer each question by selecting the correct blue button. Only the first answer selected is graded.1. An earthquake's P-wave traveled 4,800 km and arrived at a seismic station at 5:10PM. At approximately what time did the earthquake occur?
5. Base your answer to the following question on the diagram below, which shows a portion of Earth's interior. Point A is a location on the interface between layers. The temperature of rock at location A is approximately:
6. The structure of the Earth's interior is best inferred by:
A. 600 degrees C
B. 1,000 degrees C
C. 2,600 degrees C
D. 3,000 degrees C
7. The diagram below shows the collision of an oceanic plate and a continental plate. Collisions between oceanic plates and continental plates are thought to result primarily from:
A. hot liquid magma in the inner core
B. convection currents in the mantle
C. volcanic eruptions along coastlines
D. meteor impacts in the ocean basins
8. Base your answer to the following question on the diagram below. The diagram shows a coastal area with a mountain rane and a portion of the ocean floor. A turbidity current through a submarine canyon has formed a fan-shaped sediment deposit on the ocean floor. In which region of the ocean is the submarine canyon located?
A. tidal zone
B. continental margin
C. deep ocean basin
D. mid-ocean ridge
9. Base your answer to the following question on the map below. The map shows crustal plate boundaries located along the Pacific coastline of the United States. The arrows show the general directions in which some of the plates appear to be moving slowly. Which features are most often found at crustal plate boundaries like those shown on the map?
10. Crustal disturbances such as earthquakes and volcanic eruptions
are best described as:
A. meandering rivers and warm-water lakes
B. plains and plateaus
C. geysers and glaciers
D. faulted bedrock and volcanoes