Answer each question by selecting the correct blue button. Only the first answer selected is graded.
1. The Diagram below shows the bedrock structure beneath a series of hills. Which process was primarily responsible for forming the hills?
2. The best evidence of crustal uplift is provided by:
3. Base your answer to the following question on the diagram shown below. The diagram shows a model of the relationship between Earth's surface and its interior. Mid-ocean ridges (rifts) normally form where tectonic plates are:
D. sliding past each other
4. The block diagram below shows the bedrock age as measured by radioactive dating and the present location of part of the Hawaiian Island chain. These volcanic islands may have formed as the Pacific Plate moved over a mantle hot spot. This diagram provides evidence that the Pacific Crustal Plate was moving towards the:
5. Base your answer to the following question on the map below. The map shows the locations of deep-sea core drilling sites numbered 1 through 4. The approximate location of the East Pacific Ridge is shown by a dashed line. Point A is located on the East Pacific Ridge. At which drilling site would the oldest igneous rock most likely be found?
6. The theory of continental drift suggest that the:
9. The cutaway diagram below shows the paths of earthquake waves generated at point X. Only P-waves reach the side of Earth that is opposite the focus because P-waves:
A. are stronger than S-waves
B. travel faster than S-waves
C. travel faster than S-waves
D. can travel through liquids and S-waves cannot
10. Base your answer to the following question on the diagram below, which represents seismic stations A, B, and C. The distance from each station to an earthquake's epicenter is plotted. The epicenter is closest to point:
A. Point (D)
B. Point (E)
C. Point (F)
D. Point (G)