Answer each question by selecting the correct blue button. Only the first answer selected is graded.
1. Which rock type represents the sedimentary rock with the fragment grain size less than 0.0004cm="clay" as shown in the photo of Mr. Hugick's pottery?
2. Which processes change sedimentary rocks into metamorphic rocks?
A. erosion and depostion
B. melting and solidification
C. evaporation and condensation
D. temperature and pressure changes
3. Which process is necessary for the formation of igneous rocks?
4. A rock is composed of several large, rounded pebbles and sand grains cemented together. Which inference about the rock is best supported by this description?
A. The rock is older than the pebbles
B. The rock is igneous
C. The rock is sedimentary
D. The rock resulted from evaporation of sea water
5. Which statement about the formation of a rock is best supported by the rock cycle?
A. Magma must be weathered before it can change to metamorphic rock
B. Sediment must be compacted and cemented before it can change to sedimentary rock
C. Sedimentary rock must melt before it can change to metamorphic rock
D. Metamorphic rock must melt before it can change to sedimentary rock