Answer each question by selecting the correct blue button. Only the first answer selected is graded.1. The Earth's actual shape is most correctly described as:
3. Base your answer to the following question question on the Earth Science Reference Tables. The diagram below illustrates Erathosthenes' method of finding the circumference of a planet. At noon, when a vertical stick at the Equator casts no shadow, a vertical stick 2,500 kilometers away casts a shadow and makes an angle of 40 degrees with the rays of the Sun as shown below. What is the circumference of this planet?
A. 2,500 km
B. 20,000 km
C. 22,500 km
D. 45,000 km
6. The graph below represents percentage of elements by volume. According to the Earth Science Reference Tables, this graph best represents the elements of the Earth's:
7. The diagram below represents part of Earth's latitude-longitude
system. What is the latitude and longitude of point L?
8. Base your answer to the following question on the Earth Science Reference Tables, the topographic map below, and your knowledge of Earth science. Points A through I are locations on the map. Elevations are shown in meters. Which locations have the same elevation?
A. (A and C)
B. (B and D)
C. (C and I)
D. (F and G)
9. The map below illustrates the distribution of acid rain over the United States on a particular day. The isolines represent acidity measured in pH units. According to the pH scale shown below the map, which region of the United States has the greates acid rain problem?
10. The profile below shows four regions of the ocean bottom. In which list are these regions arranged in order of gradient from the least steep to the most steep?
A. rise>abyssal plain>shelf>slope
B. slope>rise>shelf>abyssal plain
C. abyssal plain>shelf>rise>slope
D. shelf>abyssal plain>rise>slope