Answer each question by selecting the correct blue button. Only the first answer selected is graded.
1. A bone sample contains 1/4 of its original radioactive Carbon-14 content. How old is the bone sample?
A. 1 Carbon-14 half-life
B. 2 Carbon-14 half-lifes
C. 9 Carbon-14 half-lifes
D. 4 Carbon-14 half-lifes
2. Base your answer on the data table below. The data table provides information about the Moon, based upon current scientific theories. Which Moon feature is an impact structure?
3. High concentrations of anaerobic bacteria (biologic water pollutants)
are often caused by a decrease in the:
B. maria plain
C. terrae highland
6. How will the quality of the environment most likely be affected by the continued dumping of large amounts of industrial waste into a river?
7. A landfill is most likely to directly pollute:
A. The environment will be unaffected
B. Minor, temporary distruptions will occur only near the industrial plant
C. Major damage could occur downstream from the industrial plant
D. The environment will always adjust favorably to any changes by industrial waste
8. Base your answer on the Moh's mineral hardness scale and the chart below showing the appropriate hardness of some common objects. Which statement is best supported by this scale?
A. A fingernail will scratch calcite, but not quartz
B. A fingernail will scratch quartz, but not calcite
C. A piece of glass can be scratched by quartz, but not by calcite
D. A piece of glass can be scratched by calcite, but not by quartz
9. The map below shows the area surrounding a meandering stream. At which point is erosion the greatest?
A. choice (A)
B. choice (B)
C. choice (C)
D. choice (D)
10. Base your answer on the topographic map below. Points X,Y, and Z are locations on the map. Elevations are expressed in meters. Mill River generally flows toward the: