1. What are the most likely units of measure obtained by using an electronic
2. Four students calculated the volume of a gold sample, based upon their
measurements of mass and density. The numbers that follow are the percent
errors of each student. Which student has the most accurate volume calculation?
3. Which object has the same density as a metal thumb tack?
a pine board
4. An object sunk in a swimming pool can be made to float by only increasing
5. A scientist decided to investigate the properties of an igneous pebble.
The first thing that she did was to place the pebble into a container of distilled
water. What property was she most likely trying to observe?